Bring the Dog!
Dogs are made to feel very welcome at Carmichael Farmhouse. We have a great space for dogs to sleep in the farmhouse, a secure kennel and run in the garden, a large enclosed garden for them to play in and plenty of fantastic walks from the doorstep and in the surrounding area.
It is important that the following terms and conditions are adhered to for the safety of you and your dog/s and so that guests that are not dog lovers can also enjoy their holiday at Carmichael Farmhouse.
Terms and Conditions for dogs staying at Carmichael Farmhouse
- Guests are fully responsible for their pets at all times.
- We allow a maximum of 3 well behaved, house trained dogs. Puppies must be declared and authorised by Nicola in writing at time of booking.
- There is a facility charge of £25 per dog per stay.
- Please bring your own dog bedding. 1 Large dog bed and 1 small is available at farmhouse.
- Dogs must be kept on leads on all farm roads, in the farm steading and when near livestock. They must not be allowed to go into crops, tunnels, livestock fields or farm buildings.
- There are areas of the farm where your dogs can run off the lead (at your own risk) i.e. stubble fields, grass margins but they must be under control. Please be aware that there are rabbits, hares, roe deer, ducks, pheasants and livestock on the farm so if your dog is likely to chase other animals, they should be kept on the lead at all times. If your dog escapes and enters a field with livestock, for your safety, you must not go after it.
- Dogs are NOT allowed in the bedrooms at any time.
- Dogs are NOT allowed on furniture, beds, sofas, armchairs or window seat cushions.
- Your dog/s must not be left unattended in the property at anytime. If you wish to leave your dog while you are sightseeing, you must use the kennel and dog run provided.
- Your dog/s must not cause any damage to furniture, fixtures, fittings and contents of Carmichael Farmhouse.
- DOG Fouling: You are responsible for cleaning up after your dog. There are biodegradeable bags, poop scoops, jeyes fluid, brush and hose provided. Please use a bag and put into the green bin. Dogs must not be allowed to foul in the car park, on the ramp, steps, patio areas, rockeries, in the games shed, steading, in crops or in or around tunnels. Dogs must not be allowed to urinate on outside furniture and games equipment. Any fouling and urinating in the kennel must be cleaned up. There are scoops provided to clear any fouling from garden. Kennel, run and scoop must be washed off with hose and jeyes fluid provided. If your dog fouls or urinates in the property you must report it to us immediately so that we can organise for it to be cleaned properly for the next guests.
- If your dog/s are molting or have long hair, please use the 2 hoovers provided to clean up the hair. You are expected to ensure the property is free of dog hair prior to departure.
- Please make sure that dogs are not allowed into the property dirty. There are facilities for washing off muddy dogs. There are dog towels provided. Please use the back door after walks.
- Please do not remove leads, collar, dog bowls, dog towels, dog baskets and dog blankets provided in the property. Please leave them as you find them.
- If your dog/s causes any damage to the property you will be responsible for charges for extra cleaning, fixing and /or replacement of damaged items.
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY
Some lovely comments from a recent visitor:
Just spent a very relaxing weekend in the absolute luxury of Carmichael Farmhouse. It has been beautifully and tastefully decorated with every detail attended to; the very best showers, cooking facilities, beds/bedding, entertainment and countryside views…and the most luxurious dog quarters I’ve ever seen!
To read more click here: Visitor reviews
OUR INSTAGRAM PHOTOS
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Tel: 01382 360318
Member of the Association of Scottish Self Caterers
and Visit Scotland